BVK Professional Accountants | Tax Services

BVK Tax Consultants and Practitioners

At BVK, we are a team of skilled, experienced, and knowledgeable tax practitioners, who are up to date with the laws and regulations of the South African Revenue Services (SARS). We service clients anywhere in South Africa.

Our main objective is to keep our clients compliant with SARS. We also have an intense focus on helping our clients to move forward in the best way possible while remaining compliant with Revenue Authority laws and regulations.

BVK takes pride in the integrated and consultative approach to providing the highest quality of tax services and assistance.

We also value the importance of having long-term relationships with our clients.

Getting to know your needs over time, enables us, to proactively react to the changes in your tax requirements, specifically as your circumstances change, thus we call ourselves your tax accountability partners.

Frequently asked questions

Your company is automatically registered for Income Tax, when it is registered with CIPC. Contact us to find out if you need to be registered.

Yes, all entities must be registered for tax.

Yes, even though the company is tax exempt a tax return still needs to be completed.

Non provisional taxpayers in October and provisional taxpayers in January of each year. Subject to change yearly by SARS.

SARS receives data from employers (IRP5), medical schemes, banks, retirement annuity funds and other. They then use the data to calculate your tax assessment. SARS issues the assessment via Efiling or the SARS MobiApp. The taxpayer has 40 days to file a tax return through the normal channels should they believe the assessment is incorrect. It is important to note that even though SARS has issued the auto assessment, that the onus is always on the taxpayer to ensure the information is complete.

It is regulated in the Tax Administrations Act and Income Tax Act that a company must appoint a director at SARS who is responsible for all tax fiduciary matters.

Businesses with an annual turnover of R 1 million or less, may qualify as a micro business. Contact us for further information.

This is dependent on your circumstances, contact us for a consultation

You are entitled to a refund when your input tax exceeds your output. There are however currently delays with SARS paying out refunds.

No, it will not be taxable in your hands, but your uncle may have to pay donations tax, if his total donations for the tax year exceeds R100,000. You will however be required to indicate on your tax return that you have received a donation and give details thereof.

To be tax exempt, you will need to apply for the tax exemption. We can assist.

Any person who receives income (or to whom income accrues) other than a salary, advance or allowance, is a provisional taxpayer and should register for provisional tax at SARS. You are exempt from being a provisional taxpayer even if you receive income other than a salary, if both of the following applies to you:

  • You received income from interest, dividends, rentals and any remuneration from an employer that is not registered for PAYE and the total amount received does not exceed R 30 000 for the year.
  • Your taxable income does not exceed the tax threshold for the year.

You will need to register for VAT if your vatable turnover exceeds R1million per year. There may be advantages to register for Vat even if your vatable turnover is less than R1million. Contact us for details.

The same day.

21 working days

Yes. This is included in your monthly retainer fee.

Man Standing in suite
BVK Professional Accountants Mini Pattern Logo
BVK, when you need someone that understands what it means to be tax compliant with SARS and keep you compliant.
Book a consultation Request a callback
Other services we offer
Your Tax Deadlines for November 2023:
7 November - Monthly Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE) submissions and payments
29 November - Excise Duty payments
30 November - Value-Added Tax (VAT) electronic submissions and payments & CIT Provisional payments where applicable